Service appointments - what are they good for?
bugzvmp

Hi,

We have the FIOS triple bundle (internet, tv & phone). On Monday (5 days back) it died on us. I used the troubleshooting app to try and debug it, but it did not work. when I chatted online with the person, they said they would have somebody over on the 13th (earliest day available) between 9 and 5 pm. Yesterday came and went, and nobody showed up. My spouse called up Verizon service, who told her that the appointment was just a suggestion and did not mean that anybody was going to show up. This was news to us that now companies make appointments which they are fully comfortable not planning to attend. When my spouse blew a fuse on that, the Verizon service person said they would send somebody out to take a look between 11 and 3 pm. Today 3 pm came and went, and nobody showed up again. I called up the Verizon person, and he said that they would be there first thing tomorrow morning (9 am on Saturday, yeah right). I asked him if he would be willing to bet his wages on them showing up; he had an uncomfortable laugh at that. So I don't get this - just because Comcast sucks at customer service, does that mean Verizon also needs to? Is this a race to the bottom? And if you are going to give appointments which you are never going to bother keeping, what is the dadgum point of giving such appointments? Very very frustrating, and did not expect this from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Service appointments - what are they good for?
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bugzvmp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes