Setup Installation Fee charged for no work
jersey_user

Recently I moved to a new apartment within the same building and chose to move my Verizon Fios services with me (the new apartment where I moved also had Fios being used by the previous tenant). When I spoke to Verizon I let them know that I already had the modem (purchased from them) and the new apartment was set to go (wired up and a up to date new ONT) and that i would like to do the self install (which I am more than capable of).

The Verizon agent told me that my new apartment might need some set up changes and hence self install was not an option.

On the day of the installation; just moments before my appointment with Verizon ; I plugged in the router at my new apartment and it started working without any need for installation.

The technician came moments later and told me he didn't have to do anything and it was all set up before he arrived. There was no time for me to call and cancel the appointment (which I doubt I would be able to; since the support person had told me there was no self install option).

I see Verizon is charging me $100 for no reason; when the technician was not required at all. They didn't even give me the self install option; given that all the apartments in my building have Fios and its a new apartment; I find it very annoying that they charged me for no service.

0 Likes
Re: Setup Installation Fee charged for no work
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jersey_user,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes