Slow Download Speeds
dingmch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have called Verizon Support center at least 6 times in the past 6 months about my HORRIBLE internet.  Im supposed to be getting 1-3 mbps and I am STILL only getting .69 NOT even what I have been paying for.  I have spent over 6 hours total on the phone and every time they tell me I have to turn my moden off and reset it.  This is ridiculous. I want to cancel and go to cable but am looking ofr just a plain phone line service ... Verizon used to have phone service only for about $15 does anyone know where i can find that??? Im done with this company for internet and wasting my money. Sad because I have had Verizon for 18 yrs.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download Speeds
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes