Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Slow Internet Speeds, DSL 1.1-3.0 Mbps
tli3693

Plan: DSL 1.1-3.0 Mbps

So i am stuck with a max of 1.5 Mbps and i called verizon and they sent a technician to fix it yesterday. He said our internet speeds will be fixed when the internet comes back up. When the internet came back up i had the same exact speed if not slower than before. 

I am averaging 1.3 Mbps as of now and still maxing out on 1.5 Mbps.

does anybody know a fix to this or should i call them again? (and waste an hour on the phone again)

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet Speeds, DSL 1.1-3.0 Mbps
sydscales1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same plan, and also the same problem. Maxed at 1.53 download, .37 upload.  I used to get 1.71/.568. This has been  going on for a number of weeks. I'm a long time DSL user, so I jumped thru all the hoops, regarding resetting modem.router, etc., etc., etc. Can't bothered with voicemail hell trying to report a problem, It also seems that I am no longer able to open a trouble ticket on the Internet. Just keep getting the same old trouble shooting steps.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet Speeds, DSL 1.1-3.0 Mbps
smith6612
Super User
Super User

Are both of you able to provide some Transceiver Statistics from your modems accompanied with a speed test to see if this is something that could easily be dealt with? I have some contacts within Verizon who will get your speed up no questions asked if everything is in place. If you don't know how to get the statistics, tell us what modem you have in use and if you have any other routers connected to the modem.

0 Likes