Slow download, normal upload in SE PA
dbhorsham
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the "all too often seen elsewhere problem" of my 35/35 service suddenly going to 5/35. It started 7/12/11 when I got up in the morning. Happens on all computers in the house, wired or wireless. Ran speed tests from both outside sites and from the Verizon site. All say the same thing, roughly 4-5 download and 30-35 upload. Interestingly enough I was able to do a download from MS download center and get 30, so I am assuming some kind of core router issue going on.

I am in the Horsham, PA area outside Phillie. Has anyone else in that area noticed this? I have not called support yet. Trying to see if it might be a system wide problem first as support at VZ is less than knowledgeable about this type of thing. Already tried the router reset and unplugging computers and phones (Wifi) then testing one at a time.

Thanks in advance for any word.

Re: Slow download, normal upload in SE PA
dbhorsham
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been resolved for the moment. I went to a friend's house in the same area and she was having the same problem. I called support and got a good tech on the phone. After all the usual steps, plugging directly in ONT, rebuilding circuit, etc., they decided to send a field tech. I was pretty adamant about it seeming to be a system problem since I was not the only one. The tech agreed and pushed it through to a network tech as well as the field tech. Voila! After 4 days of this, I woke up this morning and the speeds were normal again. Same at my friend's.

Re: Slow download, normal upload in SE PA
dab439
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having same problem currently, and it started about the same time.  I'm in Horsham, PA.  Do you know what they did to fix it?