Slow playstaion hardwired connection
Larone

I have Verizon FiOS with 25Mbps download and 25 Mbps Upload service. The speed to my laptop is always excellent, and when cross referenced on bandwithplace.com, speedtest.net etc always gives excellent results. However, I have been having problems with my playstaion 3. I have the ps3 hardwired in to my actiontec router but the online gaming really slows down a lot sometimes, and whenever it slows down and I do an internet connection test on the playstation 3's innate speed test or on the PS3s browser, my speed results can be anywhere from 800kbps download to maybe 4 or 5 Mbps Upload. Again, at other times the speed will be solid at 19-23Mbps and the online gaming is fine.

I've tried the following:

-turning off all other internet devices (cell phones, laptops etc)

-changing the ethernet cord connecting the ps3 to the actiontec

-creating a static IP for the ps3 and going into the router settings and entering that under "DMZ" and apply the settings

-bought a Netgear N600 router, connected the ps3 to the netgear and the netgear then to the actiontec

I'm out of ideas. I even bought 2 new playstation 3s thinking it was the playstation. There must be a way to get a more stable and faster speeds. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Slow playstaion hardwired connection
Larone

Oh and I have the MI424WR (Rev E) router.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I saw this same post over at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26948912-Verizon-FioS-and-Playstaion-3-issues

Another user has the same speed but not this issue.

I wonder if your issue has something to deal with the NAT table size of the router.

0 Likes
oso187

i got the same problem , i got 25/25 speed the same router let me know if u find a solution.

0 Likes