Slow upload speeds in Boston.
XX55XX

I have been having an odd problem over the past few days. Upload speeds are very slow. They are still fast enough to request pages and surf the web, but anything having to do with uploading (like synchronizing with Dropbox, logging into secure websites, etc.) ends with a request timeout. Speedtest.net gives me errors when I try to run the upload speed test. 

I live in Boston, and this problem started cropping up over the weekend. Is anyone else in the area having such a problem?

0 Likes
Re: Slow upload speeds in Boston.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Post the Transceiver Statistics from the modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get them:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
Re: Slow upload speeds in Boston.
Bob1701
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Boston too (Mission Hill). I have had ridiculously slow upload speeds the past 4 days (0.01 Mbs from speakeasy.net) that prevent me from doing all kinds of things, likesending emails and internet banking. So far Verizon has been no help. I am now at my Marthats's Vineyard house which has the same Verizon DSL service (but different modem) and it works fine, Clearly the problem is with my DSL service in Boston, either the modem or the phone line. I have had the DSL service in Boston for 5+ years with no problem until now.

0 Likes