So tired of my internet dropping multiple times a day!!
dstosch101068

I am so frustrated with my internet, I am ready to drop verizon completely and get something else.  Numerous times a day our internet drops, and it usually goes down for about 10 minutes or so. Our DSL light does not go out, just our internet light.  Our service is so slow as it is, this is just making all not worth it!

I dont know what to do...  I really dont want to call tech support, They ask the same stuff, all the time--my modem/router is working, I have a dial tone, Ive reset the modem--turning it off, unplugging it, all of that... its just random times it goes down--some days 5 to 6 times a day!

My kids are playing their video systems on this as well, and it makes them miserable when they lose connection.

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

Dawn

0 Likes
Re: So tired of my internet dropping multiple times a day!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
dstosch101068

I tried this earlier today and it does not work with my router.  it just hangs at the router login screen and does nothing.

I'm just tired of contstanly losing connection.

0 Likes
bpfrustrated

I totally agree with you.  It is so frustrating.  I am also considering getting a new internet provider.  My children and I are taking online classes and we cannot even get through an entire lesson and or test without losing our connection.  The funny thing is sometimes it says I am connected but I am not.  I have called verizon several times already.  I thought maybe it was my very old modem and slow speed, so I ordered a new modem from verizon which I had to pay for and upgraded my service only to be still having the same issues.  I think I must have to reboot/shut down the modem a tleast once a day if not more. I've done all the troublshooting,  I have called verizon and I go through all the steps with them and of course I have internet service but a couple of hours later - nothing.  I don't know what else I should do or be doing at home to fix this annoying problem.  I feel like I should be getting a discount for all the time I am without service.

0 Likes
DPerez2

I'm having the same issue!  I'm so frustrated, too,  with losing connection over and over again.  Nothing worse than starting from step 1 every time you call customer support.  They obviously know that several people are having the same issue and still ignore their customers.  I'll be changing providers and I'm sure they don't care.

0 Likes
menotsocool

samething happening here but 2 lazy 2 call them just 2 hear it isnt them when i know it is cuz i have tryed all i can here and im a gaming and all this dcing is **bleep** me off almost to the point of just going to cable

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Transceiver Statistics and modem logs would help us identify what's happening to the connection that is causing it to drop. If all of you could supply them, that'd be much appreciated. If you need help, tell us what modem you have and any routers you might be using.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

BPfrustrated,

Ssince we haven't heard back from you on the escalated board that your post was copied to, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
dstosch101068
Spoiler

No, it is still happening to me, multiple times a day.  I just havent been back on here for a while.  I will get my router info and you can tell me what I need to do.  My husband (IT manager for a hospital) checked the static on the line and said it looked fine to him, but I wil give you that information as well if you tell me how to find it.  Thanks...

0 Likes
Emryld

We have been having the same issue here for at least six months. We have made numerous calls to Tech Support and have had a technician come out to check things. They installed a new modem and we still have problems. Every time we have called, they have us do something different and say it's fixed. Well, it's fixed at the moment, but within 24 hours, it's dropping again! Enough is enough already! I'm tired of calling tech support, getting told something different is the problem and then it continues to drop! I'm having to reset my modem multiple times a day. We are paying over $70 a month for a landline AND internet, but we're not getting our money's worth when it's going out as often as it does. If anyone has a solution that actually works, I would appreciate hearing it!

0 Likes