Speed issues in Chester County PA
PookymeisterVZW

Anyone else in area having problems? I know i saw one post here about Chester.

I've noticed the issue as of Oct 1, but its possible it started before that.

Speeds are flip-floping between full (25/25) to crap (1/15).

If i test with the Verizon In-home agent, speeds are constant at full speed. Since those tests I believe connect to Verizon servers directly, it pretty much proves that there is an issue on Verizon's end somewhere. 

I see at least 3 other threads about speed issues in the region, so creating another thread to get more exposure and maybe someone to actually try to fix the problem...

0 Likes
Re: Speed issues in Chester County PA
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Pookster wrote:

Since those tests I believe connect to Verizon servers directly, it pretty much proves that there is an issue on Verizon's end somewhere. 

How does it prove that? 

If your speedtests are correct to VZ's servers, it proves your connection is okay.

More than likely the problem is outside of VZ's network.

I'm in West Chest and not seeing any issues.

0 Likes
mpendill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was one of the other Chester County posters. I am in Downingtown. I just upgraded to 50/25 hoping it would solve my previous problems and since 9/29 I can usually not get more than 1-3 Mbps on download. I have been trying to get this figured out. If I come up with any useful news, I will post it here.

~m

0 Likes
PookymeisterVZW

@Anti-Phish wrote:

How does it prove that? 

If your speedtests are correct to VZ's servers, it proves your connection is okay.

More than likely the problem is outside of VZ's network.

I'm in West Chest and not seeing any issues.

It proves my connection to whatever test server uses At-home agent is OK. If that was the last hop until "the internet outside Verizon" then you would be right. But I sincerely doubt that is the case.

0 Likes
mpendill
Enthusiast - Level 2

A technician called me back last week. He said he assigned me a new IP and reset something at Verizon to reflect that change. It actually still tested low at the beginning of the phone call with him, but by the end of the phone and ever since, the internet on all of our machines is much faster. I think he fixed our problem! I wish I had more technical information about what he did and how it worked but maybe this is enough info you can give a tech to help you? Good luck!

0 Likes