Still Slow internet speeds!
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1
DL: 1790 UL: 447

Margin (dB)15.221.3
Line Attenuation (dB)55.034.5
Transmit Power (dBm)15.112.4

Normally im happy with my Speed, I average around 3.5 down and 1 up. I understand ill never have anyhting higher then that on verizon.... But the fact that EVERY TIME it rains i get throttled down to 1.8 Is totally rediculous and Every time i get through to tech support they jusst tell me "youre too far away theres nothing we can do"... my line WILL hold higher then 1.8 and i know this for a fact as it has done it for months at a time. Im So sick of being slowed down for no reason then being told "theres nothing we can do about it"

I have posted about this before and verizon escalated it and said they would help.... A week out and still no help from my Local Verizon office...

P.S. If you guys need any more info to help me trouble shoot my connection. Let me know and i will be happy to get what ever info to help you 

0 Likes
Re: Still Slow internet speeds!
eddie2358

Mine has been doing the same thing. Every day, and I mean EVERY, its either slowed down or it stops completely for periods of time. i was buying a PS4 but now dont think so if its going to keep cutting out during game play.  The "support" fix was to restart the router. Too bad i reupped for two more years or i'd be back at Time Warner begging their forgiveness for leaving

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you have a "Dirty" line, Verizon isn't entirely wrong here. An attenuation of 55dB suggests your circuit is roughly 14,000ft in length. You could likely get in a good 2560k/640k sync which would give you roughly 2.2Mbps down, 560kbps upload, but that's it. Running 3M on that line will be more prone to causing those stability issues you're seeing.

Now if the line is just in rough shape, then there's a chance that with a lot of work, you could hold a solid 3Mbps. The fact that you mention the DSL going out in the rain suggests something is getting wet that shouldn't be. Line troubles during this time should be apparent if you have a landline, by the sound of static or popping on the line. If you hear any of this, get Voice Repair to come out and repair the line.

I'll leave it up to you as to what approach you want to take. Ultimately, if you're looking for more than a stable 2.2Mbps riht now you may want to consider another provider if FiOS is not around, and Cable Internet is available.

0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

im sorry for the late reply. Its been storming all week, And unfortunalty once again DSL was out. If i could even stay at 2560/640k i would be happy with that. As we speek im currently at 1500k/400k. What makes me mad is that i know for a fact that i can carry more. Infact all winter long i held a constant 3.4/1.0 and had virtually NO disconect problems at all. And first rain fall of the summer. It dropped a little and i thought no big deal. And ever since it has just been getting slower and slower. And every time i call verizon tech support. The Refuse to help me at all. I dont know what i need to do to get help

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

Do you notice static while this is happening?  If so, call voice repair.  And DON'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT DSL!  Even if there is no static, call and say you heard some while it was raining.

0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

We never use the phone. The only reason we have it is because verizon told us we could not get rid of it and keep the DSL, That we had to have both. But i will check next time it rains for static. If not i will call anyway

0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

It rained yesterday. Heres to another 2 full days without internet!, I checked the phone line. And there was no static during the rain. I gaive up with verizon. they refuse to help. Im cancelling first of the week. This is rediculous

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
Definitely sounds like a problem with the line. Call and report static even though there isn't any, and don't mention the DSL at all/
0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

i called them. Told them the problems. They said they found a problem on there side of the line and they would send a tech to fix it. Today i get a call from the "tech" saying there is no problem and there is no need to come out. Again it rained today and problem still on going.

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
Call and report it again, and when the tech comes/calls explain to him what the problem is and that it only happens when it rains. They won't dispatch a tech just for a DSL problem but if you say it is a phone problem they are legally required to.

Have you tried testing the stats from the test jack on your NID?
0 Likes