Still awaiting Fios installation after five (!) tech visits.
HGinDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

In early April 2021 I signed up for Fios after receiving an in-person visit from a Verizon rep.  cheerily informing me that my neighborhood was newly eligible. On April 7, 2021, the installer arrived and determined the drop was not in the prescribed  location and left without further explanation. Four subsequent visits by techs also resulted in no installation. The last tech indicated that he needed to confer with "engineering" and someone would get back to me. The next thing I heard from Verizon was that they had received my request to cancel my order. I replied that I had made no such request and was still expecting service to be installed. Nevertheless, they cancelled my order without explanation. I received an email confirming their unilateral cancellation that stated, "If you ... believe this order was canceled in error, please call 1.800.Verizon (1.800.837.4966)." So I called that number and after much time on hold with a supervisor, the call was terminated (but not by me).

I feel I have received very shabby treatment from Verizon, and am wondering if anyone has any advice on how I may get in touch with a competent person at Verizon who might be able to get something done. Many thanks,

--Howard

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still awaiting Fios installation after five (!) tech visits.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you enter your address into https://www.verizon.com/inhome/qualification. Does it come up as Fios available? It could be an error in the database. If Verizon does not have GPON splitters (the field tech called it the drop) near your neighborhood, a group of line techs (as opposed to field techs) need to come in to pull a new GPON line from the central office, which would take a while.

Please contact Fios support (24/7/365) through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) or online chat. Phone support should be your last resort for saving your time and reducing stress on the support centers.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you enter your address into https://www.verizon.com/inhome/qualification. Does it come up as Fios available? It could be an error in the database. If Verizon does not have GPON splitters (the field tech called it the drop) near your neighborhood, a group of line techs (as opposed to field techs) need to come in to pull a new GPON line from the central office, which would take a while.

Please contact Fios support (24/7/365) through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) or online chat. Phone support should be your last resort for saving your time and reducing stress on the support centers.

HGinDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll be trying Twitter next.

--Howard

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Verizon brings FiOS to a neighborhood, the company may decide (based upon various factors) to not make the service available to every address. In those instances, requests for service will be rejected as "not eligible".

If it seems like nothing is happening to bring FiOS in, rechecking for address availability to see if it changes might yield something.