Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
BusiPlay
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem I am having is that when I click on the Forgot password, and enter in my user subaccount, it tells me I have not set up a Secret Question for this account (it's an older subaccount), and then provides me to a link to reset the account, but when I use this, it resets the password for the main account.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BusiPlay wrote:

The problem I am having is that when I click on the Forgot password, and enter in my user subaccount, it tells me I have not set up a Secret Question for this account (it's an older subaccount), and then provides me to a link to reset the account, but when I use this, it resets the password for the main account.

In that case, you will need to contact Verizon tech support to reset it for you. Be sure to set up a secret question/answer once they reset it for you. 🙂

0 Likes
josuera
Enthusiast - Level 1

@somegirl wrote:

@BusiPlay wrote:

In that case, you will need to contact Verizon tech support to reset it for you. Be sure to set up a secret question/answer once they reset it for you. 🙂

Yes this is exactly the problem, and I don't want the primary account reset.   There is NOTHING mentioned in all the help pages there to tell you it won't work properly if it's a sub-account. A simple sentence that says "if you need to reset a password for a sub-account, you must call us" would help reduce frustration.  

Furthermore I really enjoyed wasting a nice amount of my time trying to figure it out, trying to correct it when it kept coming back to changing my primary account when i want to reset the password for a sub-account. Then I enjoyed trying to call verizon tech support only to listen to a nice lengthy message giving me the instructions to log onto the web to do it myself, which I wouldn't be calling them if I could have already done.  Then I enjoyed getting the automated voice representative telling me , after however many minutes of trying to get through, that due to 'high call volume'  there may not be someone there to respond. NICE.    Glad to log in here and see 7 PAGES of people having the same exact problem. AWESOME SERVICE, VERIZON.

If one more person says "just click the reset password" link.  YEAH, would like to do that if Verizon respected their long time customers by enabling a system that worked even for those that were set up before they made whatever changes there were.    Extremely disappointed and frustrated over what should be a very simple matter.    Does not give a lot of confidence about them.

0 Likes
MSensei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, you used to be able to easily manage the sub accounts from the main account including resetting the password for the sub accounts - has verizon done away with that option?  If so, that is completely rediculous and (for lack of a better word) SUCKS.

Please update me on whether or not this option is still buried somewhere that we can access it.

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
rozombie

They have done away with the ability to reset the subaccount passwords.  In addition, if you have a very old set of subaccounts, you have a problem where you have probably not set a security question for them.

What happens when you try to reset is you actually end up getting a PIN for the primary account, which i am sure is not what you were trying to reset.

The only way i have found to fix this is to call VERIZON support, get them to change the password, and once you can get in, set a security question.  Write the info down somewhere or you'll have to do it all again later.

Very fustrating that they can't do this right, it should be simple for them to just allow the individual to fix thier own email.

0 Likes
tonydmm2

Same problem, Just reactivated FIOS, can access the main accout email just fine, but can't access my daughters sub account, verizon need to add the reset password button to the sub account menu.  

Guess I'll just give up since this has been a problem since 2010 according to the old posts, I'll have to delete her account, and create her a new one.  I don't feel like a 60 minute phone call to verizon.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@tonydmm2 wrote:

Same problem, Just reactivated FIOS, can access the main accout email just fine, but can't access my daughters sub account, verizon need to add the reset password button to the sub account menu.  

Guess I'll just give up since this has been a problem since 2010 according to the old posts, I'll have to delete her account, and create her a new one.  I don't feel like a 60 minute phone call to verizon.

That's a bad idea for a few reasons, mainly because you won't be able to recreate the account with the same username. Verizon locks usernames for 180 days after deletion.

You can reset the sub account password via this link:

https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

If that doesn't work, Verizon tech support can reset it for you.

bottlecounter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not really. I have tried that link several times for a sub-account.  I end up changing the password for the main account instead.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bottlecounter wrote:

Not really. I have tried that link several times for a sub-account.  I end up changing the password for the main account instead.

Not the Forgot Password link on the Verizon pages, the specific link I posted above. It's different flow than the one they post, and should work for a sub account.

The link was previously available on the Webmail page, but they changed that link to the non-sub-working one for some reason.

0 Likes