Support Escalation - Desperate After Hours on Hold
erpy

I will keep this as short as possible.  Ten years ago, my FiOS fiber was "buried" by the install team by them laying it under freshly installed sod.  I have mentioned this to Verizon over the years to no avail, have chosen not to aerate my lawn, etc.  Doing basic landscaping work after a generator install, my landscaper cut the FiOS buried exactly I inch below grade.  I called Verizon, they sent a repair person the next day, dropped a temp, and sent a perm install team a few weeks later.  I worked with that team to reroute the cable and watched them bury it appropriately.  They said it NEVER should have been installed the way it was (clearly).  Flash forward a few weeks and Verizon has a third party, Claims Management Resources, send an invoice for almost $500 to my generator install contractor.  Apparently, they called Ms Utility and inquired who had marked, without mentioning to me, without saying this would cost anytihng, just totally blind.  Since then I have spent about 10 hours on the phone, on hold, tlaking to CMR and Verizon.  On chat, one young lady talked to her supervisor, and came back and said this was Verionz's fault and it would be rectified before next billing cycle.  I have screenshots of this excahnge.  Since then I have spent hours and hours calling around and being passed around Veriozn to try to find the right department.  I am on hold with Fiber Solutions Center as I type this, but with little hope this is the end point for me.  Is there any escalation model where I can talk to a higher-level person?  I have asked to no avail.  Been with Verizon on FiOS for 15 years, almost since day one.  Haven't I earned some level of proefssional. courtesy?  I firmly believe they purposefully make this difficult so I will give up and just pay yhe bill.  I WILL NOT.  Please help, either a fellow Verizon customer or a mod, desperate for resolution and to get my life back not on hold!

0 Likes
Re: Support Escalation - Desperate After Hours on Hold
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
erpy

Thanks.  I sent the above to them but not holding my breath.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi erpy,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
erpy

I am not sure if Moderator means you work for Verizon but your advice is a dead end.  I have talked to and emailed my claims adjuster and he said "we need a signed letter from verizon or you need to pay it". So as you can see, your answer isnt an answer and I am a Verizon customer NOT a CMR customer.  AND Verizon admitted fault and said they would fix this and havent.  BTW, I am STILL on hold with Fiber SOlution Cetner (note timestamps).  On second phone since battery died on phone one.  Not giving up until I hear a better answer.

0 Likes
erpy

No idea why my uploaed pics dont show, but they are screenshots of my chat with verizon where they admitted fault and I wouldnt be charged.  Now they need to do what they committed to so CMR leaves me alone and we can end this ridiculous process.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a public forum.  Folks like me are users, just like you.

The moderators are just that - moderators.  They keep things inline with the policies for this site.  All pictures are reviewed before they are allowed to be seen.  My guess is your pictures contained personal info, which is why they didn't post.

The moderators are not Verizon support.  If you want to reach Verizon support, you need to contact them (as you've been doing).  Sometimes moderators escalate cases to Verizon social media support.  I do not know what triggers them to do that.  If you'd like to try social media support in addition to phone support, use @Verizonsupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Both go the same team; choose based on your preference for Tweet or Post.  Once contacted, they will direct you to a private chat to handle the case.

Given that you've already been working with support and the details you've reported, the executive appeals link is likely your best path.

0 Likes
erpy

Went this route.  Made great progress I thought.  But now after all these days I get the fall that it is what it is.  I’m paraphrasing. I told them I am refusing to pay it.  Period.  I’ll die on this hill on principle.   I’ll attach the photos I sent back to them.  How is it that a fiber drop installed not in accordance with Verizon specs and about 1/2 inch underground is my fault when the kandscaper cuts it edging beds?  Really?  It survived 10 years.  They should be thankful it lasted that long. 

0 Likes