Supposed HIGH SPEED DSL keeps dropping
AKAFP

Hey Verizon, I have sent you multiple messages on twitter and called. Yet my internet is still horrible. It comes and goes every 20 minutes. The speeds are horrible and definately not what I am paying for. When the internet connection was fine several weeks ago the download rates were still not what I was paying for. I've installed new cables, new boxes, new routers to no avail. I don't want to sit on the phone with tech support from some country reading the play by play from a tech book. I need answers asap. I cannot purchase FIOS because it is apparently to expensive to install all over the lovely city of Philadelphia.

Area code 19145 - 

Please check your twitter representative. They have my information. I need this resolved asap. I don't want to sit here and type oput my feelings or go through a router reset. 

0 Likes
Re: Supposed HIGH SPEED DSL keeps dropping
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

We can help you get this problem fixed here on the forums if Verizon doesn't immediately acknowledge a problem on their Twitter/Facebook/whatever. To start, we just need some speed test results, and a description on what your modem shows when the connection drops (ex: DSL light flashing, Internet light Red, etc).

0 Likes
Re: Supposed HIGH SPEED DSL keeps dropping
AKAFP

I do not have time to supply a speed test. As of yesterday, my Verizon supplied router has the first 2 lights on, yet the third, which is the INTERNET light, is off. I did not have any connectivity yesterday. My laptop did recognize the router, but it could not connect.

Verizon was supposed to call me back yesterday after a SUPPOSED test on my line. I left them a message earlier today. If I cannot rectify this situation tonight, I will be calling Comcast and informing my other relatives, with the same issues, to do the same.

0 Likes