Surprise Technician Fees???
paxxx12

I set up my verizon internet this May with Fios Internet Speeds Up to 100 Mbps/100 Mbps. I was told that this internet speed would be fast and sufficient enough for my small one floor, two bedroom apartment that is about 1,350 square feet. After having the internet installed I discovered that the internet did not cover the entirety of the residence. I spoke to a verizon representative about this and they told me that I could purchase an extender which would be an installation fee for a new jack of $60 and then it would cost us $10 more per month. I was fine with that and agreed to the services. 

I now come to find that the total fees to cover the installation of the extender is actually $170 which was never communicated with me because SURPRISE, there is actually a $100 technician fee. I am completely disappointed with this SURPRISE as I would not have invested in these services if I knew that was the case. Additionally, both times I have had verizon technicians come to my residence they have arrived late so I don't think that service was worth $100 at all. I tried to call to discuss this with a verizon representative and was on hold for an hour when the wait said it would be 20 minutes.

I am completely disappointed in verizon for not being transparent with their customers. Additionally, I used to have a different internet provider and have made the switch to verizon which I have now found may be a mistake. 

0 Likes
Re: Surprise Technician Fees???
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi paxxx12,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes