TROJAN - VID.EXE got past Verizon Internet Security Suite!
tnf483

I opened my task manager as I noticed my CPU usage was at 100% and down to 85% up and down and found out on internet that vid.exe is a trojan virus!! Running a scan now with VISS..I hope it finds it and removes it..

0 Likes
Re: TROJAN - VID.EXE got past Verizon Internet Security Suite!
manager5

would like all trojans and virus's removed form my computer

0 Likes
manager5

has tue scan found and removed said trojan and virus's

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Once VISS is done scanning, I do suggest running both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (Free Edition) as well as SUPERAntiSpyware Portable on your PC to verify that whatever infected you is gone. No one tool will do the trick.
0 Likes
HopFrog

Will you people learn to do a search on these kinds of things!!! You can type into your fav search engine "vid.exe" and see what this program is.

It is not a trojan, virus, spyware, malware or what-have-you.

It is part of Logitec's Vid HD for your webcam and other plugin cams. Here's a couple places to read about it. or better yet, go to Logitec's site and find out. But you put it in your self when you installed a Logitec product. That's why "IT GOT PAST VERIZON SECURITY!" Because you put the Logitec CD in your own computer and instaled it on...

YOUR SIDE OF THE FIREWALL ~ DUH!

http://www.aboutmypc.net/startup-items/vid.exe/

http://www.runscanner.net/lib/vid.exe.html

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that an application name doesn't always mean it is legitamite. The file path and the MD5 sums need to match to a known good file as well, which is what sites such as VirusTotal take into account (Mainly the file hashes/checksums). I *could* make a program called vid.exe that is meant to format hard disks but disguise it as a Logitech program and match the file sizes using useless data, but no one would know it's bad until they compared the hashes or they tried to run it.

Whatever the case, if this is a case of disinformation, then move on 🙂