Tech scheduling to reinstall DSL service
mrsanders21

No DSL signal for 6 days now, No dial tone on the landline for 2 days.

Spent two hours waiting for support to answer a call after working through the incredibly useless menu of auto attendant
troubleshooting". No answer. "Live chat" with first "Sunil" then after they failed to call me when they promised, a second "live chat" with "Enoch" all resulted in no satisfaction and still no service.

I am a Verizon stockholder, but that is going to change very soon.  THE PHONE COMPANY WON"T ANSWER THEIR PHONE!

Last year I had to call the Attorney General to get a response regarding my rebate. Guess I have to call them again.

I spent 3 months trying to get the money owed with no response, the Attorney General called them and Verizon called me that very afternoon and credited my account. They don't give a **bleep** until the authorities are involved.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a matter of public safety now, not just inconvenience.

Verizon SUX.

0 Likes
Re: Tech scheduling to reinstall DSL service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mrsanders2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Tech scheduling to reinstall DSL service
mrsanders21

I have posted several times in the past 9 days, we have had no DSL for that entire time, and no dial tone for most of it.

Verizon support both refused to answer the phone and lied about calling back when I did get through on chat. The entire experience was ridiculously frustrating. Once a tech was scheduled ( after 9 days) Verizon became ALL about the communication, texting twice and calling once while I WAS TRYING TO DRIVE TO WORK! All in the space of 45 minutes.

This after 9 days of trying to get them.

However, once the tech was at my door, it took him less than 35 minutes to find the problem and restore all service.

Won't mention his name here, (wouldn't want to cause any problem for him), but I will be writing an actual letter to management recommending and praising him.

The problem was at the pole, not in my house as the support guys online said.

So my point is, Verizon Customer Service and online support is garbage, but the guys in the field ? Tops in my book! 

Maybe next time I will just flag down one of their trucks.

Those guys know what is going on and how to fix a problem. I have the utmost respect for them.

Nothing but contempt for the {please keep your posts courteous} running this company

0 Likes