Tech visit to make minor adjustment to central box in neighborhood
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a Verizon tech visit my home the last week of April. Every summer I have issues, and this one is no different. At the end of 2013, a tech visited to make a minor adjustment to the central box in our neighborhood, moved our tier, and service turned terrible immediately. This last visit was the first time a tech had been back since. I was scheduled for a weekday visit, and got a call at the end of the business day telling me they couldn't make it, would the weekend be ok? With no choice, I said sure. Whent he tech arrived, he was not from our local area, but an area about 1 hour away. Because of this, he did not "know" how our lines were "conditioned" and would not change the tiers. Instead, he insisited I needed a new router/modem. I told him this was our 5th in the last 2 years, and it was working as well as all the others. He said that particular one was known to be defective (D-Link), and gave me a new one (Actiontec). He said that should help with out issues.

It did not. It made our already bad situation much worse. Now, rather than lose our connection only on sunny days at some point between 10am and 2pm, we lose it at all hours all day everyday no matter the weather. Also, we are now consistantly at 1.5, which is lower than our "guaranteed" speed of 1.8. And most annoying, Verizon attempted to charge me for the router/modem that I did not ask for or want. A call to billing took care of that, but it's a good thing I noticed that it was there.

The person I originally spoke with at Appeals said that one of the reps (who was supposed to previously contact me on 2 occasions, and didn't either time) would contact me after the tech visit to follow up and make sure everything was working. Of course, he neglected to do so for the 3rd time, so I figured I would try here. Maybe someone can send some advice my way as to how to get a local tech to actually listen to me regarding when my problem worsened, and undo the adjustment that caused it.

0 Likes
Re: Tech visit to make minor adjustment to central box in neighborhood
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes