Terms of Service re. Restoration charge
johnbwilliams

Where in the Verision FiIOS residential Internet Access Terms of Service(TOS) does it specify that Verizon can randomly suspend service and charge a $50 restoration fee?   I cannot find it on the TOS document InternetTOS_04192018_v18_2_ENGLISH_CLEAN_VERSION.PDF.  

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Terms of Service re. Restoration charge
jonjones1
Legend

@johnbwilliams wrote:

Where in the Verision FiIOS residential Internet Access Terms of Service(TOS) does it specify that Verizon can randomly suspend service and charge a $50 restoration fee?   I cannot find it on the TOS document InternetTOS_04192018_v18_2_ENGLISH_CLEAN_VERSION.PDF.  

Thank you.

http://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/InternetTOS_04192018_v18_2_ENGLISH_CLEAN_VERSION.pd...

Try section 9 section 1, 7 & 8 to start. You must read the whole agreement.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No service can randomly suspend service.

You weren't given notice or reason why service was suspended?

Most common reason is lack of payment

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

No service can randomly suspend service.

You weren't given notice or reason why service was suspended?

Most common reason is lack of payment

It had to be for non payment. If shut down by accident no restoration fee would be required. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only other scenario it could be would be due to not acknowleding a copyright infringement claim. Although the "Six Strikes" program is considered dead, most ISPs still obey the spirit of that program in order to maintain their safe harbor status as an Internet Provider.

Six Strikes generally had an outline where the first few notices required acknowledgement. Subsequent notices would result in "Education" courses, or punishments such as being throttled to 128kbps for a month, and finally, disconnection.

And yes, the throttling aspect is real. Had a friend end up with throttled FiOS for a month because his roommate torrented something while my friend was on vacation. Needless to say... roommate isn't allowed to use that connection anymore :-).

0 Likes