Terrible Experience upgrading
mx06
Enthusiast - Level 1

I decided to upgrade my Fios speed to 500/500.  This is an 8 year old single family home in North Jersey.  I was still using the bigger white ONT from Fios and he replaced it with a new small black one.

The tech showed up at 11 am.  Swapped out my ONT and did many tests and my speed and never got to 500/500.  The speed would go near 500 and then dramatically drop to sporadic speeds.  I asked him to check the fiber connection outside and he said that wasn't the problem. 

Instead of trying to fix it right away he went to lunch .  (He was here 40 minutes)

While he was away I did all my own tests.  I swapped out ethernet cables, tried plugging hard wired into the ONT and all the speed tests failed.  I was using the Fios gateway router and nothing I did worked.  I restarted the ONT, Router, Computer.  I tried a nighthawk and a brand new linksys MR9000 which all gave the same results.

Eventually he came back and he started 2 text chats with support both times he was disconnected (instead of calling).  At this point I was getting frustrated.  I asked him why he didn't call and he said he waits on hold all the time.

He then called his parter around 2:00pm.  He came over and did some additional testing which resulted in another support call.  This time over the phone.  The tech confirmed I was getting terrible speed rates and that it needed to be escalated to level 2.  The tech on the phone could not understand why the speeds were to terrible.  He said they were going to "monitor the situation".

The other tech decided to swap out the ONT and cables to try again which did not resolve the problem.  They left around 6pm with nothing resolved.

The tech gave me his supervisor to call “if the speed isn’t resolved by next week”. I eventually left two messages the week later and he did not call me back.

The next day chatted with tech support for 4 hours and they determined that they need to replace the ONT for the 3rd time (due to a bad ethernet port).  I decided to not schedule this appointment because Ive already invested 10+ hours into this issue and need to have internet during the world day.  I also decided to downgrade my speed to the original speed 300/300. 

Now my speed is gets to around 300/7.  The download speed is fine and now the upload speed is terrible.

Has anyone else had issues like this and know what the issue might be?  

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Experience upgrading
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mx06,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes