Re: The WCB 3000N coxial extender - maintaining separate SSID
Stephen_TX
Enthusiast - Level 2
My Quantum router and WCB3000n are working perfectly, but I have a couple of locations where the handoff between the two fails. I've successfully set up separate SSID's on the WCB which solves the problem, but I find they keep getting automatically reset to the default Quantum SSID. The Quantum is on Ethernet and coax (origination point), and WCB on coax. Any suggestions on how to stop automatic SSID reset on WCB? Thanks.
0 Likes
ponsholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stephen,

I found that if you login to the extender, under the advanced tab if you uncheck connect automatically and instead use the router default gateway IP, the handoff works better and it even switches connection points between devices depending on close you are. Not sure if it is supposed to work like that but for me it works better.

0 Likes
Re: The WCB 3000N coxial extender is not working correctly with new Quantum Gateway router.
yupkos

I purchased the generic version. How do I download the VZ firmware? 

In addition, I'm pretty confused on whether "COAX" is suppose to show as Connected. (Yes, I understand that this is LAN Coax for TV, STB). How do I know for certain that I'm truly am running on MOCA? 

Do I uncheck / disable Ethernet? 

The GUI for the gateway quantum router is a bit confusing.

Router Status:
Coax Status: Connected
Connection Type: DHCP
IP Address:

NOTES: I have Triple Play (rent cablecard, using HDHomeRun Prime and only have the TV plan for access to subscription based channels). I have my own Apple Time Capsule router and the HDHomeRun Prime connected to the ethernet porters on the WCB3000N extender.

I want to confirm that the this is the extended configuration / setup I should see when I log into the quantum router:

0 Likes
Titanbry77

So if you uncheck the auto configure under the Advance tab, what are you using for the Default Gateway?  The 192.168.1.1 of the Quantum router?

I've found that it definitely works much smoother using multiple SSID's and then my devices connect to whichever have the best signal at that point of the house.

0 Likes