The correct way to increase your wireless speed
hey_moe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sign into your Verizon Router / On the left hand side select " Change Wireless Settings " / Then select " Advance Security Settings " / Look for WPA2 and select it / Look down a little further and copy down the Verizon Default Pre-Shared Key and click applied /after that the same screen will pop back up and scroll down a little bit further and select the " 802.11 b/g/n Mode, click it and select Performance Mode, and click Apply. Don't forget that you will need to change the connect sign in on the wireless products. After that see if that didn't correct your wireless speed problem. I know this will correct your problem because I am in a two story house with the router upstairs. You can start testing your speed by your router, it should just about be the same as your hard wire connection at your computer. From that point on see it you can find a dead spot now. BTW, it you don't have the freeware program CrapCleaner I would also suggest to get it/ install it and clean out all your cookies and other crap before checking your internet speed. Their are also other ways to get even faster speeds but for now do this first. I have no idea why the Verizon Help desk doesn't suggest to their customers to do this first when they are having problems with their wireless internet speed. BTW, it you are using these settings wireless for PS3 you will need to install a second router because the router Verizon uses doesn't support the higher end settings for the PS3. If you know how to write "code" you can write a work around for it.I don't think Verizon would like it if I posted that work around for that...lol...good luck Mike

Re: The correct way to increase your wireless speed
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that if you switch to "performance mode," any WiFi devices that do not have 802.11n support will not be able to connect to your network.

If you need to connect devices that are 802.11b or 802.11b/g, you must use compatibility mode or even legacy mode.  Only use performance mode when all of your WiFi devices are 802.11n capable.

Enjoy!

Re: The correct way to increase your wireless speed
hey_moe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well right now I have 1 Ipone, first gen I pad and a Apple laptop and a older Dell laptop along with a 9 inch Asus laptop. 2 Sumsung phones, three PS3, 3 older WYFI boxes for the TV's to get Amazon and Netflix. I tried this on Verizon's last wireless router and the newest updated one with no problem either. Yes you have to go through a little bid of trouble setting this up, but if your equipment is that old ya might wanna think about either updating the firmware or replacing it. This updated fix might not fix everyones problem out there but it is a start in the right direction for the ones who have devices that aren't 25 years old. If you reread what I wrote I am saying that the Verizon support should doing this first and questioning the customer about the device instead of telling them that the speeds are just guaranteed for hard wire device. Cheers

0 Likes