Time Setting on Westell DSL Router
Fremdin
Enthusiast - Level 3

My router's time is one hour off.  It shows Central time, but I am in the Eastern time zone.  The time zone field is blank and will not accept any entries.  There is no apparent way to set the time correctly.  Is there a way that I'm missing?

0 Likes
Re: Time Setting on Westell DSL Router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this white and blue OR the red and black firmware?

0 Likes
Fremdin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Red and black.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Date And Time

#2 If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Serial Number.

By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router.

#3 Take and show a screen shot, of what you see in there.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

0 Likes
Fremdin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am fine with the router admin stuff.  That is how I found out the time inside is wrong.  I found the time/date settings as shown below, but they are not modifiable, which is why I'm asking here.  The check boxes and DST stuff is modifiable, but not the blank time zone nor the locat time.

http://raytackett.com/stuff/time.jpg

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

You have it set for Automatic Update which is why you can't change anything manually. Turn off auto update and see if you can find something for TZ or an offset from GMT.

0 Likes
Fremdin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice try, Weedeater, but no joy.  I had tried that before, but tried again -- unchecked, clicked "apply", left the menu, came back, still couldn't set anything manually.  Thanks for trying, though.  Ray

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's strange... I run a Westell 7500 on my Frontier DSL line (legacy service area, FYI) and I can actually modify the timezone in my modem. It defaulted to Eastern Time by default, but even with the same settings applied a drop-down box does appear to change it. Try using another browser by any chance? If that doesn't help, it's kind of a silly bug to be freting over to be honest with you, as much as it shouldn't have occurred.

Reepime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually have the same issue as the OP.  Running the Red and Black Firmware as well with a Westell 7500.

Unchecked the "Auto Update" box and applied.  Returned to the "Date and Time" and was still unable to input a TZ.  

0 Likes
Fremdin
Enthusiast - Level 3

(two replies combined)

I've tried it with Firefox, Chrome, and IE, so it's not a browser issue.  Usually between Chrome and FF, every site works.  I suspect it may be a firmware bug.  When I get home this evening I'll see if there's a later firmware version available.

0 Likes