Tired of the interuptions of being disconnected
biggmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have the 512 Kbps-1 Mbps plan. I only use the service for email, browsing and facebook. Every since I start using this sevice I'm constantly being disconnected. I've tried calling support numerous times and their fix-it was always just unplugging the modem and plugging back in after a few seconds. Sure this reconnected the connection but sure enough after about 20 to 30 minutes I'd be disconnected again. I'm considering upgrading to a higher internet speed, but I'm wondering if this will fix the problem. Because there's no reason to upgrade if I continue to be disconnected every 20 minutes "very frustrating".

By the way my connection disconnected twice on my while typing this message. 

Any suggestions out there?

Re: Tired of the interuptions of being disconnected
kyi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the high speed DSL for past 10 years and experiencing almost same problem for last 10 days.

Let me know if I can do anything to fix this problem other than unplug the modem.

Thanks.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which modem are you currently using? We need to get some information from the modem to see what the problem is.

0 Likes
biggmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was using a Westell model 6100 modem that verizon issued when I started the service.. But recently got a modem from a friend, it's an AT&T Wireless Router With DSL Modem. At least with this AT&T modem I dont have to crawl under the desk to unplug every 20 minutes to reset it... This one at least resets itself after disconnecting, but still a pain to be interupted so often.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@biggmom wrote:

I was using a Westell model 6100 modem that verizon issued when I started the service.. But recently got a modem from a friend, it's an AT&T Wireless Router With DSL Modem. At least with this AT&T modem I dont have to crawl under the desk to unplug every 20 minutes to reset it... This one at least resets itself after disconnecting, but still a pain to be interupted so often.

#1 Visit http://192.168.1.1/

#2 Choose System Monitoring, Advanced Statistics, and then Transceiver Statistics.

#3 If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

#4 Paste up the contents of the page you see.

0 Likes
biggmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet connection is so slow it brings back this message when trying your website suggestion.

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.1 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're using the AT&T modem, the IP address for the modem may be different. 192.168.*.* addresses should not be attempting to head out to the Internet. If you can tell us what model number the AT&T modem is, that would be appreciated. If you can't, the instructions DSLR gave above will work on the Westell.

0 Likes