Told directly by MCO to have sales provision to line to 7MEG. How do my numbers look?
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

A couple weeks ago I had real time conversation with MCO because I was loosing speed, and my  pings where anywhere from 440-1025 MS only from 5:30 to 12 at night. Then all day my speeds and latency was fine. It was something to do with the circuit I was on. In are conversation I asked about the 3.1-7meg package. He told me to hang on while he ran some test. He made we watch the modem go from red to green. He explained that I was on 7megs right now and I should have no problem receiving that speed. He ran some test and came and told me that he can usually do this real time but he couldn't today (Sunday). He told me to "call sales tell them the MCO said to provision my line to a 7MEG line, because he  changed/worked on my circuit". He also switched me back to 3megs after he explained what to do. I thought this was going to be easy, I was excited to receive the higher speed. I waited to make my call..... Called in and  had nothing but issue kept getting the answer NO. Well after the third day of calling and multiple tickets made by technical department I spoke with this very helpful customer service rep. We spoke for about an hour, she said she knew what do and to hold on the line(she called multiple departments) She came back and told that she would call me in a couple days and there was to many hands in the pot. Basically an open ticket was preventing the change to go in. Unfortunately I never herd back from her. I called a week later and got the same info NO. Here are my transceiver statistics I dumped the D-Link DSL2750B for an Actiontec. How do they look? Any ideas where to go from here?

PPP Type:PPPoE
LCP State:UP
IPCP State:UP
Authentication Failures:0
Session Time:0 Days, 22H:16M:51S
Packets Sent:13856
Packets Received:20369

Broadband Status

Broadband Parameter Status

VPI:0
VCI:35
Broadband Mode Setting:MULTIMODE
Broadband Negotiated Mode:G.DMT
Connection Status:CONNECTED
Downstream Speed:3360 Kbps
Upstream Speed:864 Kbps
Retrains:0
Retrain Timer:0 Days, 1H:6M:51S
ATM QoS class:UBR
Near End CRC Errors Interleave:0
Near End CRC Errors Fastpath :N/A
Far End CRC Errors Interleave :0
Far End CRC Errors Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Near End CRC Interleave :0
30 Minute Near End CRC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Far End CRC Interleave :0
30 Minute Far End CRC Fastpath :N/A
Near End RS FEC Interleave :0
Near End RS FEC Fastpath :N/A
Far End RS FEC Interleave :0
Far End RS FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Near End FEC Interleave :0
30 Minute Near End FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Far End FEC Interleave :0
30 Minute Far End FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Discarded Packets Downstream :0
30 Minute Discarded Packets Upstream :0
SNR Downstream :26 dB
SNR Upstream :17 dB
Attenuation Downstream :26 dB
Attenuation Upstream :11 dB
Power Downstream7.6 dBm
Power Upstream11.9 dBm

I get the 3megs all day, 5 Megs would be great. My wife downloads large work files that are taking much longer then they did before with are previous IP provider. We would be happy with 5MEG speed. We have used bandwidth calculators to give us an idea on how long it would take to dollar her work files. I really don't want switch back to my old provider I would haply stay with Verizon if I could receive the speed the MCO told me I could get.I saw the modem sync up. He called me back twice that day also. So he must of looked into my line quality.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Told directly by MCO to have sales provision to line to 7MEG. How do my numbers look?
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for taking so long to get back, but I got a great explanation of why my service is stuck at 3megs. My line comes out a remote terminal which is litespan back to the CO. Before I can get a higher speed Verizon needs to upgrade the trunk of this remote terminal, its T3. The good news is that Verizon is upgrading their copper system in my area. So hopefully in future I can get provisioned to 7.1 MEGS. Its frustrating that I have the line quality, and Verizon's equipment is the issue here. I believe that Verizon should offer the best service possible to every customer. IM sure this its expensive to upgrade this remote terminal, but are bills are expensive also. We are not talking about 8 house's here,  we live in  a large neighborhood with at least 200 Holmes. Thanks for your help Smith greatly appreciated.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Told directly by MCO to have sales provision to line to 7MEG. How do my numbers look?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wiggie116,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wiggie116,

Sorry we couldn't do anything further to help. Please let us know in a new public post if you ever need help with anything else.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would it be possible to explain what went on to determine that a speed higher than 3Mbps could not be given to the customer? I usually go to MCO directly to get changes made to my line, because there are specifics to my circuit that need to be addressed or else I will not have a good time with it. When I had my line adjusted to 5Mbps, MCO just had to make a database edit and then put in an order for the speed I wanted, and finally disabling ASSIA optimization so that I wouldn't get hit with a botched profile the next day.

As long as you're on the Enhanced DSL package, and the equipment Verizon has you attached to is not running off of a circuit less than an OC3 Fiber connection (This gives 155Mbps down and up), that line you have there should be golden for 7.1Mbps. Billing should not need to do anything else besides requesting an exact speed based on the qualification database.

If you could explain what happened to me, that would be wonderful. Of course, do keep in mind this is a public forum. I'm not sure what Verizon's moderators will allow you to mention outside of the private support thread. From there I'll point you in the right direction if we're not stuck between a wall and a hard place.

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
When the issue went to the private forum it started to get resolved right away. I thought I was all set, the CSR said he was calling billing in advance for me to get everything taken care then he would call me back. What happened unfortunately.... I received a call from the CO saying the remote hut my line is in is set to 3meg only. So he basically said if he set me to 7 it would have an hour class affect. I would receive the 7 Meg's then it would kick back to 3meg, he kind of stumbled a few times saying the other MCO was partially right and wrong. He said I have very good numbers and good receive the 7 meg no problem if the hut was upgraded. I could be wrong but it might be copper from my house to the hut then fiber back to the CO? It doesn't make since to me, I was told yes, then no. I was also told by other VZ techs that 7meg does come out of that hut. I'm a DNS tech for a sat company so I run into VZ dsl techs maybe once a week. I have ask 3 since I was told yes. They all asked where I lived, they atomically knew what hut I was in because it's located next to a closed BK. They all said the same thing! Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

This might help also there are 3 medium size shopping centers around this hut. Home Depot, Dicks, Stop and Shop ETC. I also remember 3-4 years ago a contractor hit a main feeder line. It shut of phone service in the east side of town for few weeks while they replaced lines above ground, and under ground. They worked around the clock to get service restored.
0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
You asked if I had enhanced. I do have enhanced 1.5--3meg enhanced package. And adsl+2 modem.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll be sending you some contact information in a PM. I'd like to get the answer clarified for you if the answer is no. Check the top right of the forum pages for a golden envelope.

wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for taking so long to get back, but I got a great explanation of why my service is stuck at 3megs. My line comes out a remote terminal which is litespan back to the CO. Before I can get a higher speed Verizon needs to upgrade the trunk of this remote terminal, its T3. The good news is that Verizon is upgrading their copper system in my area. So hopefully in future I can get provisioned to 7.1 MEGS. Its frustrating that I have the line quality, and Verizon's equipment is the issue here. I believe that Verizon should offer the best service possible to every customer. IM sure this its expensive to upgrade this remote terminal, but are bills are expensive also. We are not talking about 8 house's here,  we live in  a large neighborhood with at least 200 Holmes. Thanks for your help Smith greatly appreciated.  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anytime 🙂

0 Likes
SLOW and Constantly disconnected DSL
aggeeme

No one can seem to be able to help me.  I dont know the lingo but I get disconnected or no internet many many times a day.  Im paying a lot of money for HS DSL and I need it to work from home. 

0 Likes