Tracert shows really bad
WhatIsVerizon

Well I didn't know how to word it exactly but its just about impossible to play a certain game, because the hops are ridiculously high when I tracert the server, which I have been playing on for months without this issue.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/zomgrllywut/Capture3.png

That's not the worst of it either. I've gotten hops of over 1200 2600. What to do?

0 Likes
Re: Tracert shows really bad
WhatIsVerizon
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

WOW,  that is a bad trace directly to their pppoe server.  YEESH,  you need to probably cross post this at the Verizon Direct Forum.  

Or call Verizon Tech support directly at 800-567-6789   OR open a chat support session by hitting contact us at the bottom, or hitting up the Verizon Twitter Support. 

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I'm sure you've already done the basics, but just to make sure.

You've tried rebooting your modem correct?

Did you try to reset it?

assuming the answer to both is yes, then you definatly need to contact tech support so they can reboot that gateway router.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would be congestion either at the edge router or in the core network between the edge router and the DSLAM/your modem, if it occurs only during the night time hours and you know for a fact that it is not usage on your end of things. The Verizon Direct forum as suggested above will work to get the problem solved.

Before making a post at the Verizon Direct forum, be sure that nothing is consuming your upload. Using up all of the download should not cause latencies like that unless it's QoS gone wrong, but upload saturation will do that.