Trouble with DSL and modem
acorn33
The DSL light on my modem started blinking today and the internet light won't come on at all. I rebooted everything and checked all the plugs but it is still not working. It has been out for a few hours now.
0 Likes
Re: Trouble with DSL and modem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the problem you are experiencing with your DSL. Are you still having problems today with your connection? If so, please send me a private message so we can get your information and test the line.

Thanks,

0 Likes
mhmd1969

I have had this problem with my modem for the last few days. Its very frustrating. The DSL light on my modem kept flashing and I had no internet connection. I tried to call Verizon and ended up talking to 6 people for an hour and a half who couldn't make up there mind whether my account was DSL or FIOS. After all this time, somebody called and I went through the same spin again on the phone. Today, I tried to call to no avail. I guess all what I am asking for is a simple answer as to why there has been a connection problem. I am sure a few people must have gone through this and its really frustrating.

0 Likes
rajw

Very similar issues for me. Had just switched last week from Comcast to Verizon's basic DSL only, no phone. Although super slow, Internet worked until 10/31/2011 morning for a week. It was so slow and streaming was impossible, so called 10/31 to upgrade to Enhanced DSL. Verizon confirmed that it upgraded in the afternoon of 10/31. But internet was not working when i checked. Called 1-800-Verizon 3 times during the day on 10/31. Called again at 10 pm on 10/31 to create a trouble ticket.  A lot of the folks at Verizon have no clue about account info, my service, etc. Finally, a Tech support lady said she created a ticket after she went through remote test of my set up for 30 minutes between 10 - 10:30 pm on Oct 31.  She did not tell me what the root cause was. Basically, since 10/31 morning, the router/modem has power, DSL line on and wireless light on, but no internet light.  Then occasionally, the lights go through some changs and I see internet light on for 5 seconds.  Then it goes off and go back to power, dsl and wireless lights only. When internet light is on for 5 secs, internet is available.  Then of course, it is gone.  This has been repeating for last 2 days. It is Nov 2 and still there is no internet.

When checking Verizon website or chatting with them, Verizon hardly gives correct status or sometime says information not available.  I don't know why they cannt figure out the problem and fix it quickly.

0 Likes
acorn33
We had someone come out to check our modem, and or turned out the problem was the phone line. The phone wires could not provide a strong enough signal for DSL, but could still provide a dialtone. We could have someone re-wire our house, but are temporarily moving the modem to another phone line instead.
0 Likes