Trouble with Verizon Website Ordering
thorstein1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my speed to 100 mbps and get a new router that is at least 5 ghz.

The problem is that, even though the website brings up the appropriate pages, I am unable to select upgrades and add them. I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge as browsers.

Further, the Quantum Router that I want is available for purchase prices of $199 AND $149 for the exact same router. 

I am probably better off going and getting my own router, am I not?

But, that still doesn't change my speed, does it?  

Before you click the cut and paste "Your message has been forwarded to an agent."

Please understand that I use the website so I don't have to engage with an agent. I just want the problem solved. 

Thank you,

Thor

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with Verizon Website Ordering
jonjones1
Legend

There are things you can do and others you cannot from the website.

first is do you have access to the fios app?

if so it should show what is available to you in your area and the cost. Some customers see different speed tiers. You also must look at if you are in a contract now, which may freeze you out from doing a upgrade/downgrade without speaking to a phone rep.

if you are internet only you may get your own router. The price of the Quantum router is $150 so I don’t know why it’s showing at almost $200

lastly this is a customer helping customer forum so outside of that copy and paste that is the best you can achieve with a customer helping customer forum.

thorstein1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info. 

I figured as much. 

The site itself is so cumbersome as to restrict info like what you posted. 

In my area, I have insane speeds, 100 is a slower option.

Thanks again for the reply.

0 Likes
smrtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just call them, they website is just odd, there are things you can't do there - like remove equipment and features - that they can do easily.

jonjones1
Legend

@thorstein wrote:

Thanks for the info. 

I figured as much. 

The site itself is so cumbersome as to restrict info like what you posted. 

In my area, I have insane speeds, 100 is a slower option.

Thanks again for the reply.

My pleasure.