Trying to log into different verizon account firestick/apple tv using fios wifi
gbudoff

I have Fios internet as well as an Apple tv and an Amazon firestick. Previously, when I would open an app and select a cable provider I could choose verizon and then manually log into a DIFFERENT verizon account than my fios internet account. Now, the app automatically logs in to the verizon account associated with my internet and does not allow me the opportunity to manually log in. Unfortunately I do not have cable associated with my wifi account and am now unable to use much of my apps... Does anyone have a work around to allow me to manually log in? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to log into different verizon account firestick/apple tv using fios wifi
garbs5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I connect my firestick to my personal hotspot on my phone and then I can login with any verizon account to the apps. Once I connect it back to the wifi it stays logged in. Seems like the only solution that has worked for me. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to log into different verizon account firestick/apple tv using fios wifi
jonjones1
Legend

If you only have internet only you must either connect your Apple TV via ethernet or WiFi to your home network/router.

i don’t use the other device so I cannot assist there.

after the Apple TV is online, you logon with your Apple ID and password now the Apple is set up. You then download the apps you want to view or use etc. but to watch tv you must have either an online streaming account or a service like Verizon tv or cable tv.

there are a few tv apps like Pluto Tv and a science fiction station which need no credentials. You could get a streaming tv service like I use DirectTVNOW or sling tv 

and that should suffice.

0 Likes
Jeff2232

Simply disconnect the device being used to verify the account from your WiFi..for example, if you are trying to get your firestick to work, use your cell phone to verify the account making sure you are not connected to any wifi

0 Likes
Jessicalloway

I’m having this problem now. Did you figure it out? Thanks!

0 Likes
garbs5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I connect my firestick to my personal hotspot on my phone and then I can login with any verizon account to the apps. Once I connect it back to the wifi it stays logged in. Seems like the only solution that has worked for me. 

0 Likes
Weediestsiren70

I can confirm this works thanks dude!!!!

0 Likes
Moandkoz1

This works well.  Nothing else does.  Thanks for the help since Verizon doesn't provide that.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes