Turning off the wifi on my router.
hmpowell30

I went to the website and turned off the wifi in both the basic and advanced settings but the router name is still showing up on my network choices on my computer. I want to shut the verizon wifi off so that it does not interfer with my apple wifi I am using.   What else do I need to do?  

0 Likes
Re: Turning off the wifi on my router.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should be all you need to do. Is it showing up in the list of available networks? Or in the list of profiles?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hmpowell30 wrote:

I went to the website and turned off the wifi in both the basic and advanced settings but the router name is still showing up on my network choices on my computer. I want to shut the verizon wifi off so that it does not interfer with my apple wifi I am using.   What else do I need to do?  

Which web site might that be?

Only place I know to turn off wifi is on the router itself under basic setting select Radio OFF

0 Likes
hmpowell30

It shows in the list of available networks.  

0 Likes
hmpowell30

192.168.1.1 - that is where I went to turn it off under basic and under advanced.  Still shows in my available networks. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hmpowell30 wrote:

192.168.1.1 - that is where I went to turn it off under basic and under advanced.  Still shows in my available networks. 

192.168.1.1 is the router admin logon page

Did you in basic settings select Radio OFF  ??

0 Likes
hmpowell30

I turned off the 2.4 and 5.0 under basic security settings on the admin page and also disabled them under advanced security settings.  This is what I was told to do when I spoke to someone on the phone at verizon.  Is the radio OFF somewhere else?  Where would I find it?  

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is number 1 in basic security settings

Wireless is the wifi transmitter.

0 Likes
hmpowell30

Yes that is where I did it but it is still showing up in available networks!  I can't get rid of it!!

I am using my Apple Airport Time Capsule as my wifi and I don't want my verizon wifi interfering with it but no matter what i do I can't get the verizon one to go ghost.   

Verizon even switched out my old router for a new one thinking something was wrong with my router but the same thing is happening with the new one!  Why can't I turn the wifi off???

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this

Power the router off.

Then see if your device still sees the network.

0 Likes