Unable to connect to the internet after changing my FIOS plan
rhovanion

Hi,

Over this weekend, I changed my internet plan, and since then I have not been able to connect to the internet. I use a Fios-G1100 router and I have had a 'solid red globe' for a good 2 days now. Verizon won't be able to send a tech onsite until the 16th, so this has become very inconvenient. I have gone through all possible remediation steps such as rebooting the router, factory resetting the router, rebooting the ONT box etc., but still no luck. What else could I do to fix this issue? Any help or guidance with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Below are the details for the plan change (from Verizon's email): 

• Remove Fios Internet 75/75
  • New Fios Home Internet: 75 Mbps
  • Remove Verizon Fios Internet Service
  • Remove Rent: Fios Quantum Gateway Router
  • New Rent: Fios Quantum Gateway Router
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to connect to the internet after changing my FIOS plan
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the lights on the ONT.  They will tell you if you have service.  If the lights show you have service, double (triple) check the cable between the router and the ONT.  If you used to be pure coax, you might be on Ethernet now.  If so, you'll need to install an Ethernet cable between the two.

If the lights indicate no service, something is wrong in Verizon's system.  Try contacting their social media support team via @Verizonsupport on twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  They are typically more helpful than the front line support folk. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you bypass the router by directly connecting a computer to the ONT’s Ethernet port? Enable DHCP on the computer’s IPv4 configuration, see if you can access the internet from there.

Please try this so the forum users can help you further.

jonjones1
Legend

Amazing is why you changed from 75/75 to 75/75 and the router is the same.

my best guess is it cancelled each other out in the system,

if you call support they should be able to reprovision you on the spot with engineering.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the lights on the ONT.  They will tell you if you have service.  If the lights show you have service, double (triple) check the cable between the router and the ONT.  If you used to be pure coax, you might be on Ethernet now.  If so, you'll need to install an Ethernet cable between the two.

If the lights indicate no service, something is wrong in Verizon's system.  Try contacting their social media support team via @Verizonsupport on twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  They are typically more helpful than the front line support folk.