Unable to renew WAN IP - Possible maintenance 03/08 6am?
Foss1

So I found out there is some sort of maintenance going on with Verizon Fios, which is preventing my IP from renewing. To me I still feel like that is not the case, even with all the steps I took it still presents the same IP. (ASUS GT-AX11000)

• Performed a Factory reset router settings, with ONT box unplugged (ISP Tech claimed they pushed commands to ONT to reboot, and release lease).
  • Restored router power and cloned a new MAC address, disabled WAN.
  • Then restored ONT power, enabled WAN.
  • Established a new MAC address from router to ONT (In theory).
  • Same WAN IP address 

In the past I would simply enable/disable WAN and the ISP IP would renew. Also I had a daily scheduler to reboot my router which also changed the IP address. All was working great until today.

Either the maintenance is preventing me from renewing a new IP, or Verizon has some sort of block on how many times i can renew an IP? (Weekly, monthly?). I just want to confirm there are no limitations, and that my issue is related to the maintenance, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to renew WAN IP - Possible maintenance 03/08 6am?
Foss1

To add, I even have an old back up router which I know works and it’s giving me the same IP address....

0 Likes
Re: Unable to renew WAN IP - Possible maintenance 03/08 6am?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

That phenomenon has appeared at least for a week.

You might need to check your domain name. To verify if it becomes static, the domain name would start with "static-[your ip address connected with dashes]." Otherwise, it is likely a DHCP static assignment under your Fios account.

What I know is that Verizon is rolling out IPv6 addresses gradually. It could be the backend is freezing all current leases so it is easier to configure the IPv6 settings.