Unbelievably poor customer service / support re: residential DSL service!
Monty4841

This all started several weeks ago when I received multiple e-mails informing me that at least two different accounts (identified by the last four numbers of the account) required payment and one was going to be suspended if I didn't take action. Not recognizing either of the account numbers, but assuming one was our recently moved residential DSL service (we had just bought a new house), I called Verizon to clear it up.

I informed the representative of the above (including my suspicion that at least one of the accounts was, in fact, legit). After the representative did some internal digging, she claimed that I owed no money and the emails were possibly phishing attempts. She requested that I forward the emails to Verizon's fraud department. I did so. I still have the original emails and the forwarded copies in my inbox and outbox, respectively.

Fast forward about a week (maybe two?) later and I receive an email saying service on account X is suspended due to money owed. When I arrive home after work I find, lo and behold, my internet service is suspended. I call Verizon again, a little **bleep** off, considering I had been more than willing to settle this weeks ago. I have, after all, NEVER received a paper bill at my residence and how terrible of me to not notice I am not being billed for something.

This time, the representative (after having a hard time locating my account to begin with) tells me that yes, the service is suspended but he will have to submit some sort of ticket to have the service restored. He couldn't tell me exactly why my service was suspended but when I mentioned the "you owe us money" emails he said that was a possibility. He informed me that they would contact me in 3-5 business days to resolve the issue and restore my service.

It has now been greater than two weeks and no one from Verizon has contacted me (I am currently on military assignment, hence my access to the internet). I want this resolved immediately and at a MINIMUM to have this month's bill pro-rated for all the time I have not been able to utilize my service.

Unbelievable that such a large company can be so imcompetent. It's almost like when I switched my internet to my new residence, they sent me the install kit, hooked me up, then forgot about me. No bills and apparently very little evidence I even have an account with you. I am currently 'Googling' alternate service providers and will probably switch, but Verizon MAY save my business by rectifying it immediately.

0 Likes
Re: Unbelievably poor customer service / support re: residential DSL service!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Monty484,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
Monty4841

"Multiple failed attempts to reach" me... That's laughable. Not only did I follow this post to the private chat with an agent, which was absolutely NOT helpful or productive, but the original problem has yet to be resolved after I took it upon myself to make several phone calls to Verizon.

After practically begging Verizon to let me pay them, I was told that I would need to contact the consumer finance branch during hours that were completely impractical and inconvenient for me. The nature of my job in the military (and I'm just going to leave it at that) makes the extremely liberal definition of 'work hours' that you guys apparently follow  nearly impossible for me to adhere to.

Well, luck would have it I found some time to contact Verizon a few days later bu lo and behold, all they could do after admitting the error was Verizon's was credit me $12 in late fees but not fix the original problem that I AM NOT RECEIVING BILLS FROM VERIZON AT MY ADDRESS, ONLINE, OR ANYWHERE. To add insult to injury, the entire time that my service was suspended, I was still being charged full price for an internet connection that had been cut off... go figure. To fix THAT, I need to contact the people I talked to originally on the phone and make my case to them. 

Enough of this company. Every other ISP I have ever had service with was a better experience.

Terrible customer service, terrible support forum (including the moderators), terrible ISP.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Monty484,

We have reopened your private support case in order for you to work with the agents on the issue of the bills that you are not receiving.  Please access your private support case by following the instructions posted earlier in this thread.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes