Upgraded to 150/65 and not getting those speeds (WIRED)
lar_n_cat

Hello, can you all help me? I just upgraded to the 150/65 from the 35/35 package with FiOS. I am not getting even close to the 150Mbps download speed. Why is this? 

Speed test from Speedtest.net -

Which is still very fast, but I see people actually getting the 150 download speeds if not a little bit faster. With my 35/35 I got about 42Mbps download. Also, that speed up there varies from 50-93 (93 is the fastest I've gotten so far)

Here is a speedtest from verizon -

As you can see the download speed dramatically decreased. I just did another test from speedtest.net and I got 63 for download. The download speed is very unstable and a lot slower than the speeds I am paying for. What could be the problem? Can someone please help me with this?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to 150/65 and not getting those speeds (WIRED)
johnnycab

is your computer able to handle those speeds?  you may have to upgrade your hardware. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There are routers that won't do those speeds.  Are you using Verizon's  two antennaed Red Band Router the Actiontec REV I and is it connected from the ONT with an ethernet cable.   the coax feed that they do most installs with won't do above 100 mbs.  When you get the 150 tier, a tech should usually come out, make sure you are on the right type of ONT and wire it that way to the new router.  Did a tech come out for your upgrade?

This is the testing site for customers with over 100 mb.

www.speedtest.verizon.net/fios300

0 Likes
lar_n_cat

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

There are routers that won't do those speeds.  Are you using Verizon's  two antennaed Red Band Router the Actiontec REV I and is it connected from the ONT with an ethernet cable.   the coax feed that they do most installs with won't do above 100 mbs.  When you get the 150 tier, a tech should usually come out, make sure you are on the right type of ONT and wire it that way to the new router.  Did a tech come out for your upgrade?

This is the testing site for customers with over 100 mb.

www.speedtest.verizon.net/fios300

Yes, when the tech came he ran a cable from the garage to my room where the router is. It is currently connected to the "WAN ETHERNET" slot and the coax cable is disconnected. Also, what is ONT? 

Another thing, before they came out I think they upgraded me and they just had to run the new cable because when they were on the way to my house I ran a speed test and was getting like 72Mbps down which was pretty much better than what I am getting now. 

Do you have anymore suggestions? I am connected through ethernet or CAT5 I think the tech said. 

0 Likes
lar_n_cat

@johnnycab wrote:

is your computer able to handle those speeds?  you may have to upgrade your hardware. 

What do you mean? I have a custom built PC. with the a "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" The speed says "1.0Gbps"

0 Likes
MiggyEvoX

I am having the same problem, you are lucky that you are getting that speed i am getting 48 maybe 50Mb download which sucks. and i called them several times and they have troubleshooted my connection and they cant find the solution to this, so they set up an appoiment so a tech come to my house and see whats the problem. is funny that I only get those speed at night around 8 to 11 PM and after that I get the normal speed, but my thing is that I am paying for 150Mb no 48 or 50Mb. and they told me that I will get 150Mb no matter what and that isnt happening right now, so I will let you know what they will say when they come here.Robot MadRobot FrustratedRobot Sad

0 Likes
MiggyEvoX

Well I talked to the Tech and they didn't find anything wrong with my  connections, so they said that they will escalated to tier 2 so she told me that I cal her around 8 everyday to tell her how much is the speed that I'm getting so that's what I'm getting right now. So ill let you know what's going on later on, see you around and if you find something else with your connections let me know please thanks.Smiley Happy

0 Likes