Upgrading to a new router
dmullinix

I just upgraded to a new Fios router.  I have had the old Fios router for about six years.  I'm getting ready to switch it out but I have a question about the old wifi ID and password versus the new router id and password. Will I need to change my password on every phone, tablet, hue light, etc to the new password on the new router or is there a way to just set up the new router and have everything stay the same?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to a new router
jonjones1
Legend

@dmullinix wrote:

I just upgraded to a new Fios router.  I have had the old Fios router for about six years.  I'm getting ready to switch it out but I have a question about the old wifi ID and password versus the new router id and password. Will I need to change my password on every phone, tablet, hue light, etc to the new password on the new router or is there a way to just set up the new router and have everything stay the same?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide1409251.pdf

Just go into the WiFi settings and change the password to what the old router was.

you still must search the SSID to obtain the network.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to a new router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can configure new router with exact same SSID and password as old router.

Devices will reconnect with no problems.

One other comment.

Before swapping, log in to old router.
Release WAN IP address.

Then power off and connect new router.
Failure to do so can cause new router to not be able to access Internet.

Or you can leave the old router turned off for at least 2 hours.

0 Likes