Verizon Bill Increase
bapaintoo

I just wanted to thank Verizon for raising my bill $5 a month. What a great wa y to treat a "Loyal customer". Dear valued customer, we appreciate you so much, that we decided to raise your monthly bill by $5.00. Well Verizon I appreciate over paying for your service, so I am going to switch providers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Bill Increase
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@bapaintoo wrote:

I just wanted to thank Verizon for raising my bill $5 a month. What a great wa y to treat a "Loyal customer" ...

Sorry but I fail to get it.  You're also a "loyal customer" of your local real estate tax assessor.  Has he or she lowered your tax bill because you've been "loyal"?  Things get more expensive as time goes on.  It's been that way for as long as I can remember (which is a very long time).

0 Likes
mike91163
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Armond,

You fail to "get it"??? 

You "sign" an agreement with Verizon; for a SPECIFIC 24-month period, the parties to this CONTRACT agree that:

• Verizon will provide me with FiOS Tv, Internet, and Phone services for a FIXED price; in exchange for this,
  • I agree to provide Verizon with payment of the agreed-to amount, excluding clearly-specified fees, such as "a) applicable taxes, b) surcharges, c) recovery fees, d) telephone charges, e) activation fees, f) installation fees, g) set-up fees, h) equipment charges, i) ETFs, and j) other recurring and nonrecurring charges associated with the Service plan you have selected."

Seems straightforward, right?  So,explain this email I got today...

"We hope you understand that to maintain our broadband networks, from time to time we need to increase our rates. Your monthly rate will increase from $19.99 to $24.99 (not including additional services or, taxes and surcharges) and will be reflected on your bill within the next two months.  The new rate will remain in effect for one year."

Feel free to explain...and your real estate tax analogy is a ridiculous argument-we expect it, we know when it will occur, and it's once annually.

And, this gem?  "Things get more expensive as time goes on."  REALLY?  Gee whiz, just a quick glance at the prices of high-def TVs now compared to, oh, say 5 years ago, says otherwise. 

0 Likes
eaw7100

Apparently, 1.593 billion profit in the last quarter is not enough for Verizon. See http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=VZ for financials. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes