Verizon DO NOT HONOR THE CONTRACT
warley

I renewed the contract with Internet Security Suite Multi-Device waived (no charge thru Dec 31, 9999). Now they began to charge this fee. When I talked to the customer support agent that said this is a typo and couldn't be waived. As a customer, how could I know which term listed in the order has a typo?  I renewed the contract based on the promotion Verizon provided. Now the promotion is a joke???!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DO NOT HONOR THE CONTRACT
jonjones1
Legend

@warley wrote:

I renewed the contract with Internet Security Suite Multi-Device waived (no charge thru Dec 31, 9999). Now they began to charge this fee. When I talked to the customer support agent that said this is a typo and couldn't be waived. As a customer, how could I know which term listed in the order has a typo?  I renewed the contract based on the promotion Verizon provided. Now the promotion is a joke???!!!

Think about this for a moment. December 31, 9999 ? It’s clearly a typo.

when you first looked at it you had to know it was a typo. But you figured Verizon would not have caught the error. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone loves a bargain 😀

however you knew knew it was a typo. Verizon just corrected it.

0 Likes
warley

Why I had to know something? Why doesn't verizon make sure everything is correct in the order/contract? Is that difficult?

If verizon makes mistakes, why let customer pay the bill?  

Actually I did not know it was a typo when I renewd the contract. I am not a Verizon employee and how should I know what 9999 means? I assumed it means entire 2 year contract period. Does it make sense? 

Do not assume everyone thinks the same as you!!! 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@warley wrote:

Why I had to know something? Why doesn't verizon make sure everything is correct in the order/contract? Is that difficult?

If verizon makes mistakes, why let customer pay the bill?  

Actually I did not know it was a typo when I renewd the contract. I am not a Verizon employee and how should I know what 9999 means? I assumed it means entire 2 year contract period. Does it make sense? 

Do not assume everyone thinks the same as you!!! 

Let’s look at my assumption. If anyone was given a date of “9999” for the year, it is a typo. The year is 2018 if two year agreement 2020 or if one year agreement 2019.

no assumptions are required.

yes I can see why your angry. However you can call 1-800-VERIZON and say cancel at the voice prompt. Possibly if you are very pleasant with retention’s they may fix it to the proper term.  

Its best to use honey before using vinegar. 

0 Likes
warley

Everyone has his own assumption. If you see 9999, how do you know when the promotion will expire? Use you assumption again and tell me the real expiration date. Can you?

Respect others if you want to be respected.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@warley wrote:

Everyone has his own assumption. If you see 9999, how do you know when the promotion will expire? Use you assumption again and tell me the real expiration date. Can you?

Respect others if you want to be respected.

I already explained my assumption to you. I assumed it as a typo. What if it was 0000?

what would assumptions be then?

as I said use honey and not vinegar and then your own respect statement would be valid.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi warley,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes