Verizon DSL-2750B modem bridged with a ASUS RT-N66U Router
philly1ms

I'm trying to get my Verizon DSL-2750B modem bridged with a ASUS RT-N66U Router.  I have DSL/PPPoE service.   IS this what I want the Verizon modem set at?  Do I need to do anything else set on the Verizon 2750 Modem? 

Also what port do I use on the ASUS router?  Does the ethernet cable plug into the WAN port or one of the 4 LAN ports?  I will post a picture of my ASUS router setup page in a few minutes.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon DSL-2750B modem bridged with a ASUS RT-N66U Router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The settings you're looking at should be correct. Connect one of the ports on your D-Link modem to the WAN/Internet port on the ASUS after bridging the D-Link, and from there the ASUS should be able to bring up the PPPoE session and hold your public IP. Just make sure you also disable the DHCP server on the D-Link so this doesn't confuse the ASUS if that router tries to auto-detect the connection settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
philly1ms

Here is my ASUS router setup page.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since I do not have that router I do not know for sure what else you have to do, but I can tell you this..

#1 Connect the WAN port of your ASUS to the Modem.

#2 And with most modem combos:

a) Must disable wireless (if not a wireless modem combo, N/A).

b) Must disable the DHCP Server in it.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The settings you're looking at should be correct. Connect one of the ports on your D-Link modem to the WAN/Internet port on the ASUS after bridging the D-Link, and from there the ASUS should be able to bring up the PPPoE session and hold your public IP. Just make sure you also disable the DHCP server on the D-Link so this doesn't confuse the ASUS if that router tries to auto-detect the connection settings.

0 Likes
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a little off tangent to the original post but it seem the responders were quite knowledgeable.  I have the DSL2750 and it keeps dropping the IP configuration.  After reading this post I consdiered purchasing an external router and configuring the modem to Bridged.  I looked at the Verizon setup at 192.168.1.1 and it appaers the DSL2750 is already setup as Bridged.

First is that correct as a stand alone modem/router and if it is setup as bridged, all I should have to do is disable DHCP and wireless and it should work.  Am I correct?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes