Verizon DSL Customer with Medical Hardship & Life-Sustaining Equipment
SWong

Been scouring all the Verizon websites and forums trying to determine how I can notify Verizon about my father-in-law's need to have priority when we have DSL issues at the NYC  lower east side location Manhattan.  My father-in-law now has in-home dialysis using life-sustaining dialysis equipment monitored via DSL by a subsidiary arm of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  This connection is of major importance and will pose a serious life or death situation if his Verizon DSL connection is not reliable and consistent during each of his dialysis sessions.  We have already notified both the city and the electrical utility company (ConEd) with both medical documentation and letters leaving just Verizon to complete our remaining due diligence. Verizon once again has made it difficult if not impossible to inform them about this urgent need on having a reliable trouble free DSL connection so dialysis information is relayed real time to Columbia Presbyterian daily.  Can anyone (preferably Verizon support) reply back informing me how I go about notifying appropriate Verizon personnel of this need?  What I am seeking is a Verizon contact person, corresponding telephone, and mailing address where I can complete this task. 

Home dialysis equipment is located at the same apartment as the Verizon DSL router where my father-in-law resides.  Calls to the number located on the monthly Verizon bill have only returned bewilderment, ignorance, and wasted time as I am handed off from telephone rep to other telephone reps.  Need to complete this quickly as daily dialysis sessions are now underway and do NOT need another hurricane Sandy type situation just to find out issues like this are already in place by Verizon.  Please advise as time is of major importance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon DSL Customer with Medical Hardship & Life-Sustaining Equipment
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SWong,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SWong,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your private support case.

If you still require assistance, feel free to create a new post in the Forums, and we'll be sure to address your issue.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes