Verizon DSL in Washingotn, DC continues to experience major conjestion. 2 Mbps downloads.
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon DSL in Washingotn, DC continues to experience major conjestion. Likely problem is an oversubscribed digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM). Local exchange is in denial about there being any problems as more people post issues and becomre frustrated with the phone operators who are helpless at best, hopless at worst.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon DSL in Washingotn, DC continues to experience major conjestion. 2 Mbps downloads.
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

dslr595148, Your assistance is appreciated, but I just resolved the problem.

Solution: Canceled Verizon Internet service, subscribed to Comcast Internet service. I am now seeing over 4 Mbps for uploads and over 20 Mbps for downloads.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL in Washingotn, DC continues to experience major conjestion. 2 Mbps downloads.
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am paying for 3.1-7 Mbps service. At the moment, at 6:30 am ET I am getting less than 3 Mbps. I've speent weeks calling Verizon support. They always call back and ask "Is it fixed yet?" Answer: NO! Then they close the ticket.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't how to get that info from the modem:

a) It would help tp know the brand and model of your modem.

b) If a RJ-45 WAN port router that is connected to the dsl modem, what is the brand and model of the DSL modem?

0 Likes
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

dslr595148, Your assistance is appreciated, but I just resolved the problem.

Solution: Canceled Verizon Internet service, subscribed to Comcast Internet service. I am now seeing over 4 Mbps for uploads and over 20 Mbps for downloads.

0 Likes