Verizon DSL is horrible and misrepresented, can't get anyone on the phone so I can cancel
gkrich1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the DSL service.  After taking three weeks to get it working, I tested it and it is horrible.  .5mbps down, .3mbps up, and pings 5 to 6 times what my crappy Comcast connection does.  This service is useless.

Customer service appears to be even more useless.  I've tried emailing to cancel service, they won't help.  I've called multiple times to the supposed 24/7 number, it just keeps saying they're closed when I select the options needed to get to service cancellation. 

HOW DO I CANCEL THIS CRAP?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL is horrible and misrepresented, can't get anyone on the phone so I can cancel
MoniWi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hear you! Me too.  I have spoken to tech support (not in the US of course) and they each tell me something different!  First reset the router (which I do almost daily), they've even replaced it; next they've come out to rewire a mess that they did, next not a live person who is in the USA to talk to you. I pay for high speed and get nothing but headaches.  They finally told me to cancel online, hows that for customer service!  Now I have to go with Time Warner but they have greater options for bandwidth. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL is horrible and misrepresented, can't get anyone on the phone so I can cancel
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't want to cancel, please follow me along.

#1 Please post the Transceiver Status from the modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get that:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a separate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
gkrich1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to cancel.  How do I do it?

I went throught this same thing with Verizon several years ago, where they made it virtually impossible to cancel and kept trying to bill me.  I finally got it straight after over a year of trouble.  I've never dealt with such a screwed up company.  This time, I'm going through the state attorney general if I can't get this resolved.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

In order to cancel, you'll have to call when that department is open. The hours vary from location to location, but pretty much during business hours. This is a pain, but it's what you'll have to do.