Verizon DSL rip off and final billing
AndySheck

After YEARS of great service and reasonable pricing Verizon chose to crank up the cost of my DSL from $74.99 to over $80.00 then over $90.00, finally ending up with $125.00 per month, all within a 4 month timeframe! Crap, for that kind of money I can get super-speed cable modem and several hundred channels of TV AND a phone line from the cable company! November, 2017 I cancelled the service. I tried to find out more online and by phone a month later to verify the "final" charge of $215.54. I could not access my account online and many calls to customer service, including speaking with the elusive "supervisor" only led to "account not found" (little did I know the account number had all been changed!) Not my problem if Verizon can't find my account, I figured. Fast forward to November, 2018. Suddenly I began getting calls daily or more often, even on Thanksgiving morning, demanding payment of this final amount. I called several times, asking to speak with a supervisor. I got transferred and the call hung up! Never did get a supervisor, and the agents refused even to enter any information on my account! Asking around to a number of friends who still have DSL in town I came to realize they are STILL paying $74.99 per month for the SAME services I had! I was overbilled by double for over a year and a half, and now Verizon wants me to pay $215.54 more?? I seriously doubt that. I do not intend to pay this as I was totally ripped off and expect Verizon to remove this charge and consider the account settled. If not - we will let the PUC decide if Verizon was guilty of discriminatory and illegal price gouging...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL rip off and final billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AndySheck,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes