Verizon DSL self-installation, setup and customer service is a joke
seitys

I originally switched to Verizon DSL because Time Warner road runner gives me high latency at night (in excess of 600ms) once you ping google or run a trace route. In the back of my mind, I also was thinking Verizon would have better customer service. Silly me. Since I received the modem a week ago, I have not been able to connect to the internet and the reason is obvious: with the DSL light blinking, there is no signal.

I called Verizon and I love (sarcasm) the robots that try to answer your question but ultimately fails each and every time. Next, I spend 40 minutes on the phone with a CSR. The script for them is so obvious: unplug this, replug in that. I wish someone made a site with the CSR script so I can immediately answer all of the questions off the bat and save myself 39 and a half minutes.

40 minutes later, half of which I'm listening to wait music, the earliest date is Oct 25th for a technician. Thats almost two weeks. Thanks, good to know I probably have to call back in to get my bill adjusted and waste another hour of my life.

As I'm writing this, the CSR suggested that I could get an earlier appointment if I call the dispatch center. Lucky I have voip and I just leave it on in the background, but I've been on hold for 20 minutes and counting.

So much for Verizon service. Is there any internet service provider in NYC that can actually provide excellent internet access and decent customer service?

At this point, I'm about a few minutes away from canceling Verizon and keeping Time Warner as my ISP because at least it works.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL self-installation, setup and customer service is a joke
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Sorry you are having difficulty with your DSL service.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL self-installation, setup and customer service is a joke
seitys

I have filled out the technical support form you directed me to. I am waiting on a response, hopefully for a service date earlier than October 25th. But so far, NO DSL after a week of receiving the modem and counting.

0 Likes