Verizon FIOS 100/100 Issue
Mark_MKZ

Hello all,

I have had Verizon FIOS 100/100 for a few months now. I have the old big white Motorola ONT with battery backup from about 2006. It's provisioned for LAN. I use my own TP Link router which has an Ookla speed test built into it. I have speed tested directly from the router, as well as a desktop but I always get only about 90 mbps download and 75-78 mbps upload consistently without any other devices running. I called Fios tech support but they cannot do anything other than rebooting my ONT since I don't use their Router/Modem. When I did use their router/modem it was the same thing actually so I decided to get a 2300 AC router. These speeds are on a wired connection. It's sad because when I had Spectrum the speed were always over 100 mbps consistently for downlaod. Is this normal? Is Fios like that for everybody?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS 100/100 Issue
jonjones1
Legend

Go into the router settings and turn off “QOS” on a Verizon Quantum it’s called VMM

it should get you at the 100/100 mark. 

I am going to repeat this for the millionth time, the only speed tests that Verizon accepts are their own. Ookla is not accepted.

on a 100/100 your speed should be slightly higher 105/115 depending on factors on the internet. And the speed tests have to be done via direct ethernet connection from your computer to the router.

0 Likes