Verizon FIOS Internet....Good download Speed but Poor upload speed.
robedros

I am a subscriber of Verizon FIOS. I have 25/25 FIOS Internet and never encourted any trouble with my internet connection for 4 years until yesterday. It was brought to my attention that my upload speed is very poor and unacceptable at 1 MBPS or less. In the past I have seen around between 15 to 25 MBPS for upload speed while download speed is always at or near 25 MBPS. I began to notice this because I use a video phone and the party who I was communicating to would tell me that picture/video looks very blurry or garbled. I reset the ONT, the Actiontec MI424WR Router and nothing happened. I contacted Verizon Tech Support online and the tech walked me through the trouble until we lost connection due to getting a new channel. I then called Verizon Tech support over the phone and a screen sharing was performed to find out I had a problem somewhere. I was told its not my computer or video phone or the iPads or lap tops. A tech was supposed to come over today. However at the end of the day, I got a call saying they decided the problem was not on my end it was within Verizon's Central Office but they failed to say when or how it was going to be fixed. After reviewing the message, I called tech support again and explained to them the situation...they called the Central office and decided that I should replace my Actiontec Router. I just wished a tech would come over to pin point where the problemis and make the proper correction. I been noticing that ping test and speed test has been showing the upload speed increase dramatically when I randomly perform a speed test. It would go back to normal then the next few test results shows it at 1 or below 1MBPS. I feels like its gonna be days before this gets resolved. Can anyone advise me how I can trouble shoot my actiontec router, the ONT Box to help me determine where the trouble might be. Has anyone experienced this. At least I can say the Actiontec Router REV D is 4 years. Would this likely be the problem? Any thing greatly appreicated and thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Internet....Good download Speed but Poor upload speed.
robedros

I just want to report back this morning that speed test and ping test are both showing a little faster upload speed around 5 to 7 Mbps but still not acceptable for what which I am paying for. I don't have the new replacement router but not even sure if the router is the problem. Is there anyway to convince Verizon to look into the problem on their end or at least have a tech come over and look? Thanks.

0 Likes