Verizon Family Protection
SpartanBrandon

How can I remove Verizon Family Protection?

My Verizon username and password are not working. Says I need a an Adminstrator Username and Password. How do I get one?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Family Protection
jonjones1
Legend

@SpartanBrandon wrote:

My Verizon username and password are not working. Says I need a an Adminstrator Username and Password. How do I get one?

Thanks

I tried to reply to this but it did not post. Strange.

1 (866) 622-3911 

Is the customer service number. Call and they can help you remove it.

Good Luck 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@SpartanBrandon wrote:

Thanks

Many folks here had to call McAfee customer support to have them walk them through removing it. Additionally there is this web site http://coultretmig.serveftp.com/z4D7p

please note I cannot say if it removes it completely. Or call McAfee at

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp;jsessionid=slCC7Fb28Ax1-HLoTJRXxLwGFqW4oSOIflMVxqb_Pz...

Good Luck

jonjones1
Legend

@SpartanBrandon wrote:

Thanks

I tried to reply to this but it did not post. Strange.

1 (866) 622-3911 

Is the customer service number. Call and they can help you remove it.

Good Luck 

eelmont

Hey,

Verizon only has an exclusion capability ( black list), where 'routers try" to keep my son's X box, or any other device off the internet by a certain time at night.   It seems like our teenagers have outsmarted the Verizon techs, because Xbox has the capability to change their MAC address.   What that means is the teenagers can spoof a device you don't want on a timer, or change the MAC to some completely new number, so the verizon timer will not have the MAC on it's black list, and subsequently not enforce a timer on the xbox.  The capability verizon has is only a "black list"  What they need is a "white list".  What that would mean is that all devices can be default to be excluded from the internet, and only included devices  ( white list) are allowed.  That way all devices can be off the internet at a certain time at night, and if a teenager changes the MAC address of their xbox to some new value, it would automatically be off the internet. Hope you follow this...

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes