Verizon Home Network Protection
tiger1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there anway to disable this outside the MyFios app?  When I click on the Home Network Protection, I keep getting the following error message "Router currently unavailable.  Please try again later."  Been like this for the past 2 days and I can't change parental settings.  I tried going to My Verizon setting via web and it says "We see you have enabled Home Network Protection. Please use your MyFios app to manage all devices and parental controls on your home network. All controls on this site have been disabled."  It's frustrating.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Home Network Protection
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Points to the thread https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Paged-Blocked-by-Verizon-McAffe-Home-Network-Protection/...

and two possible fixes, quoting.

a)

He used his prior backup of his router firmware is my guess and rolled it back to when mcafee was not placed on it.

b)

The fix is simple. Go to your Fios app on your phone. Go to security settings. Wait a little bit for like 10 seconds. Home Network Protection selection will show up. Turn it off. Voila!!!

imageimage

View solution in original post

CByrd171
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the same problem. Regretting setting up all these parental controls that I now can't change.
JAF1268
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  Was hoping turning off / on my home gateway router would help but didn't.  Was also hoping it was something on Verizon's end and system would magically work again but it's been about 4 days now.  Maybe if enough people have the same issue in this thread tech support will chime in.  I don't have the patience for their telephone support trees. 

Also regretting turning this feature on.  Had no problem managing parental controls from the router itself.  

LDNPM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  I am also getting the error SHPerrorCode.routerNotAssociated

0 Likes
SomeRandomGuy1

I regret not reading the message when it popped up, asking to enable "Secure Home 
Network Protection". Now I cannot manage parental controls. I used my phone to setup a schedule for the kids internet connections, but when Thanksgiving rolled around, I had to disable them... Now the schedule doesn't work and I cannot get the app to work, it says my router isn't available or my login session expired and to "try again". I chatted with support and they suggested a factory reset. That's the solution to everything. Just blow away all of your routing configs, static nats, etc... and 

0 Likes
tiger1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did the factory reset work?  Trying to see if I can just go ahead and reset the router rather than dealing with calling Verizon.  I chatted with someone from Verizon and they said they will escalate but not sure what that means since it's been 3 days and have not heard from anyone.

0 Likes
pythonxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? Once I activated this Home Network Protection by mistake when going to update my devices, it has locked me out from changing any devices. There is no way to deactivate the Home Network Protection. Helpdesk/Support  is no help. They just keep going around in circles. When you tell them it started with the Home Network Protection and you want to deactivate, they have no solution. Say they have not heard of this problem. From this forum that is an untruth.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Points to the thread https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Paged-Blocked-by-Verizon-McAffe-Home-Network-Protection/...

and two possible fixes, quoting.

a)

He used his prior backup of his router firmware is my guess and rolled it back to when mcafee was not placed on it.

b)

The fix is simple. Go to your Fios app on your phone. Go to security settings. Wait a little bit for like 10 seconds. Home Network Protection selection will show up. Turn it off. Voila!!!

imageimage
Edjc99
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can turn home network protection off by going to 'account and settings' in the app and then going to 'security settings'. There is an option to turn it off there.

Andesitree

I tried going to the secrurity settings to turn off "Home Network Protection" but it has the loading circle continually going around and never stops. The button to switch it off is greyed out. I am so frustrated!!!!! 

0 Likes