Verizon Installation
JffMorgan

hello, I am getting verizon installed next week but i have no coax outlet in the room i wish to have the internet router. Will the installer wire an outlet or will i not be able to have the router in that room. There is a ONT in my home already.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Installation
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may depend on how easy it will be to run.

Do you have coax run in the house already?

They might run it outside the house a drill a hole in the wall that way as well.

0 Likes
JffMorgan

Yes there are 2 coax in the living area, in every room there is two covered up outlets.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the room you want your router in has no coax?

Why does the router need to be in that room? I assume it is because you have a hardwired PC or other device in that room?

0 Likes
JffMorgan

yes the room i want the router in does not have a coax outlet but there are two just blank outlets and i dont know if there is coax inside one of them.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take to cover plates off.

Could be coax that just needs to be terminated.

0 Likes
JffMorgan

I took both of them off and one is just an empty cavity and the other has two cables in it which i dont know what they are.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you post a pic?

Anyway, might be worth showing to installer.
Depending on where it is located and what might be located underneath, they still might be able to run a cable for you.

Any chance there is a room that shares a wall that has a cable connection on that wall?

If unused, you might could snake from that wall to the one you need.

Or could run a cable through the wall and put a splitter.

0 Likes