Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 Router Endless Rebooting
vladZ

I have the same issue with this router. They send me 3! (three ) replacements. Absolutely nothing was changed. I can also confirm it isn't happening because of power loss. I tried different outlets and other tests performed specifically for power stability.

I'm software engineer and have good  knowledge in networking.

Any other thoughts that could fix the issue?

I don't believe that Verizon could help. I spent hours on phones with their technical support and "advanced technical support". It looks like they have no clue.

They insist that some kind problem exists in my home network and it causes their router be rebooted. If this is true it means that their embedded software in the router has issues . Software in the router doesn't know how to handle exceptions and this indicates bugs in their product.

They don't offer anything but upgrade to their latest router that cost "just $300". May be this is a marketing thing - forcing people to buy an expensive product that isn't necessary?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 Router Endless Rebooting
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vladZ wrote:

I have the same issue with this router. They send me 3! (three ) replacements.

They insist that some kind problem exists in my home network and it causes their router be rebooted. If this is true it means that their embedded software in the router has issues . Software in the router doesn't know how to handle exceptions and this indicates bugs in their product.

If Verizon sent you three placements and still to no avail, it could mean there is an issue in your network. The sample size is not 1 any more, it is 3.

Did they send you a new power adapter? You are a software engineer. Do you have a multimeter in your house to test the voltage of the power adapter output? The router can draw up to 2.0A. Make sure the voltage do not dip below 11.5V.

Do you know how to configure Syslogs? G1100 and G3100 are capable of syslogging. If you set that up before the constant rebooting, you can see the event in the log remotely.

0 Likes