Verizon Shady Business Practices and Unacceptable Customer Service
cxfernandez

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for close to ten years.  I have been a Verizon Fios customer on and off for 5 years. 

I scheduled a move for 9/1/2020 and obtained an installation time of 8am.  I am under "contract" with a package that locks me into a rate of $121 for another year.  The representative insisted that this "contract" would not travel to my new address and I would have to accept less channels, at a higher price.

Still, I scheduled the service. 

My wife is an essential worker who requires internet service to perform her job duties.  She conducts telehealth visits.  We are moving in earlier now, 8/28, and we called Verizon, over two weeks before our move-in, to schedule a new time.  We were fed a host of lies including: (1) that all ISPs in my new address use the same technician so calling someone else would be worthless and (2) Verizon had no times available for 8/28.

We easily disproved both lies by calling a different ISP who immediately scheduled us for 8/28.  And the second lie was easily dismissed when my wife called on a separate line as a new customer.  Unreal.  You guys lie now, Verizon? Really? 

Then, when I tried to call Verizon to cancel the installation and cancel my current service, I was reminded that the "contract" was suddenly valid and Verizon would charge me $200 as a cancellation fee.  Funny how that works.  Oh, and forget it, with hold times, and between my wife and me, we sent 5 hours on the phone. 

I will be cancelling Verizon Wireless as well.  This company is a joke.  And please spare me the "please tweet us at @Verizonsupport" nonsense.  I do not have FaceBook or Twitter.  You should have accessible customer service.  I cannot believe this actually happened to me today.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Shady Business Practices and Unacceptable Customer Service
joshuaA1998

I've been stuck in a very similar situation. I've been trying to use their service since July 7th, but with over 100 obstacles along the way. I tried three different routers, power cycles and waiting on the phone for what seemed like DAYS. Even after contacting over 15 different people I gave up. It's rather mind-blowing that a company with such a large network of people would fail to make sure the customers get what they are paying for without having to spend over 7 hours on the phone waiting for someone to answer just to put me on hold again. I've used Verizon in the past and planned on doing so for the next few years but after this past month, I'm not sure how much longer I will be with this company.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Shady Business Practices and Unacceptable Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi joshuaA1998,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes